SUPERVISION FOR COUNSELLORS & PLACEMENTS
What is Supervision for counsellors?
We provide Individual Supervision every day of the week and Group Supervision twice a month. Please book an appointment on our website.
According to (www. theaca.net.au) Australian Counselling Association (cited 2021), “It is a formal arrangement for registered counsellors to discuss their work regularly with someone who is experienced in counselling and supervision….”
Supervision is working with the supervisor of your choice and ensuring and developing the efficiency of the counsellor/client relationship. Professional and clinical supervision is a process to maintain adequate counselling standards and ensure the supervisee's good mental health. It is a contractual agreement made between a Supervisor and a supervisor. Private or external supervision is usually a professional fee-paying service, or it can be part of the employment contract in an agency.
Counsellors must complete a certain amount of supervision annually as a component of their initial and ongoing annual registration with their registering body. Supervision for counsellors includes:
- Education / Personal Development
- Administrative work
- Support, and there is a lot more.
Our Time Table for Group Supervision is below.
GROUP SUPERVISION FEBRUARY 2024 – JULY 2024 TIMETABLE
- Cognitive and
- Behaviour therapy,
- Exposure and Response-Prevention (ERP)
- Learning difficulties and disabilities
- Bullying, aggression, or fighting
- Personal growth concerns
- Home life issues, abuse, neglect
- Positive familial involvement
- Educator or school staff conflicts with students
- Concerns of grades, studies, and coursework
- Handling typical school and classroom stressors
- Advisory on upcoming educational choice